I remember reading Dear Zoo when I was a little girl so I’m not surprised to learn that Rod Campbell’s treasured classic is celebrating its 35th birthday this year. We picked up a copy for Lily back in February to coincide with her own birthday visit to Chester Zoo (we go every year) and she really enjoys lifting up the flaps and shouting out the names of the animals hiding underneath with the same delight that I did.
To celebrate in style, Millie and Flynn have very kindly sent over a couple of toys from their beloved Dear Zoo range for Lily. There’s a wooden cart holding eight character skittles and a ball together with a lift-the-flap puzzle (which obviously mimics the fun design of the original book).
The skittles set (£22)* is a lovely addition to Lily’s wooden toy collection and she loves popping them in and out before lining them up and knocking them down (whilst giggling uncontrollably!) She also likes to pull it along beside her and take her animals on adventures around our home and garden.
To be totally honest, she’s been inseparable with it since it arrived on Thursday last week. It’s come everywhere with us and her favourite animals are the dog (obviously, I’m practically convinced our little lady thinks she is a dog, she even brings me her nappies and the post in her mouth panting!) and the giraffe!
The cart is super sturdy (I know this because she’s hiked it up over hills and grassy nobbles) and the design and finish of the animals is lovely and of a high quality.
It’s a fabulous interactive toy and she likes to read the book alongside the little wooden figures and match up the animals with the pages of the book that they correspond to.
The puzzle (£7.99)* helps to enhance Lily’s knowledge of the animal kingdom with the words from the book recited on the pieces so we can relive the story and she can learn to associate the qualities with the correct characters. It is bright, colourful and eye-catching so it can hold her attention for a short while whilst we complete it together and make ALL of the animal noises!
It’s also colour-coded so she can match them up to get everything lined up in the right order.
All of the toys in Milly & Flynn’s Dear Zoo product range are manufactured from FSC approved wood and are suitable for children aged 12 months +.
Other items include a push-along wooden monkey (£15), a chunky puzzle block (£10), a crate/shape-sorter (£15), a cut-out tray puzzle (£12), a matching pairs memory game (£4.99) and push-along animal crates (£5 each)*
*recommended retail prices.
Giveaway // Win A Dear Zoo Skittles Set (E: 30/7)
Terms & Conditions
– The prize offered is a Dear Zoo Skittles Set (as shown in the pictures).
– Entries can only be completed through the rafflecopter widget displayed above.
– The PR company will arrange to send the prize directly to the winner upon receipt of their address details.
– This giveaway will end on Sunday 30th July 2017.
– A winner will be chosen at random via the rafflecopter facility.
– The winner will be contacted via email when the giveaway ends and their name announced on my social media accounts shortly afterwards.
– If the winner does not provide their address details within 30 days of announcement and attempts being made to contact them then a new winner will be picked via the same process.
– I am able to offer this prize to UK and ROI entrants only I’m afraid (apologies to any of you who live abroad) and entrants aged 18 or over.
Say hello? Have a question? Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org