Good morning lovely people, how are you all today? I just wanted to share a few toys that I’ve come across recently that encourage children to start thinking about aspects of eco-friendly living from an early age i.e. renewable energy, recycling, waste reduction and so on.
The playthings I’ve listed below are all made from ethical and environmentally sound materials and can be added to your Amazon basket as required (easy peasy!)
I especially love the Plan Toys dolls’ house, it’s very ‘Grand Designs’ isn’t it?
- Includes a wind turbine, solar cell panel, electric inverter for generating energy, a rain barrel for collecting rainwater and a blind to adjust the amount of sunlight and air circulation.
- Made from sustainable rubberwood and finished using non-toxic, water-based dyes.
- Comes with eco furniture for all of the rooms – living room, kitchen, bathroom, master bedroom and children’s bedroom.
- Made from recycled plastic.
- Safe, non-toxic, no BPA or PVC, no phthalates or external coatings.
- Large truck with movable recycling bed and open/shut rear door.
- Get your kiddos thinking about recycling and keeping waste to a minimum.
- Universal fit, should be suitable for most dolls.
- Encourage your little ones to consider the environmental impact of disposable nappies and their waste issues from an early age.
- Made from responsibly sourced materials.
- Great for role playing with dolls and teddies.
- Forget the tumble dryer, teach your children to utilise that big yellow thing in the sky!
- Show your kids that not everything has to come from the supermarket and grow your own fruit/veg/flowers.
- Helps with the development of fine motor skills.
- The company plant a tree for every toy sold!
Do you have any of these toys or have you come across these brands before?
Perhaps you’ve got some suggestions of other toys that fit the bill or ideas of how to get children involved in eco-friendly activities?
Let me know!
• This post contains affiliate links in association with Amazon UK •