We all love crispy cakes don’t we? 😉
When the mini eggs start hitting the shelves, there’s only one place for them (aside from in our tummies that is!)
Where? I hear you cry…
On. My. Crispy. Cakes.
It’s no secret that I adore chocolate.
I really shouldn’t eat so much but it’s Easter (nearly) and that’s a good of an excuse as any isn’t it?
So today Lily and I whipped together a quick and easy batch of TRIPLE chocolate crispy cakes (yes, chocolate lovers, you are indeed in heaven) 😉 and if you’d like to try these yourself (and you can’t really go wrong when it comes to no-bakes like these…) I’ve shared the recipe and method below.
*makes 6-8 cakes*
– 2 x Dairy Milk Bars (110g)
– 80g of Coco Pops
– Chocolate Spread
– Mini Eggs
1. Break the chocolate up in to squares and melt in a plastic bowl either by popping it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it has completed melted or by placing the bowl over a pan of boiling water on the hob.
2. Pour the Coco Pops in to the bowl and mix with a fork until they are completely smothered by the melted chocolate.
3. Spoon the crispy mixture in to individual cake cases and top with a teaspoon of chocolate spread.
4. Add your mini eggs + marshmallows (together with anything else you fancy, I think a few rainbow sprinkles or some edible glitter would look fabulous as well)
5. Pop your cakes in the fridge for about an hour so they can set and that’s it, they’re all ready for gobbling up, nom nom! 🙂
Why not pop this in your diary for this week?
It’s take less than 10 minutes and they’re absolutely gorgeous! Also a fab way to keep your little ones busy…
Unfortunately poor Lily couldn’t have any chocolate eggs as they’re a choking hazard for her as she’s so little but she still (very much!) enjoyed her cake which was just topped with chocolate spread and marshmallows instead.
If you do make these beauties feel free to tag me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram so I can take a look and share your photographs (and, if you think this recipe is a good’un, please do share with your family and friends! Thank you! *mwah*)