• We used supplies provided to us via the ongoing #BostikBloggers campaign to create this garland •
You know when you make something and you step back and think ‘You know what? That’s actually OK, I’m surprisingly really chuffed at how that turned out’? Well that’s what happened with this star garland. I think it’s pretty awesome and I’ve hung it proudly above my chair in the living room.
– Stained or painted lolly sticks (5 of each colour)
– Bostik Fine & Wide Glu Pen
– String or ribbon
– Sequins, gems, shiny stars etc.
(1) Pop a small dollop of glue (fine nozzle) on the end of the first lolly stick and place another stick on top it following the diagram shown below and keep on doing this until a star is formed. Leave this to dry for at least half an hour so that when you return you can pick it up and it’s secure/rigid.
(2) Cover the surface of the star with glue (wide nozzle) and put all of your embellishments and sequins on a small plastic plate or in a bowl. Let your little one cover the star as desired and leave it to dry again when finished. Repeat until all of the stars are fully decorated.
(3) Thread a piece of string or ribbon through the stars and hang them on your wall using nails or pins.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little festive craft (and you’re not judging me for how exceedingly easy it is, looks harder than that doesn’t it? The results are fabulous!)
You could also use the stars as decorations for your Christmas tree or as handmade gifts for family and friends.