If you read my recent post on how to survive a long car journey with your toddler, then you’ll know I’m in full-on planning and preparing mode for our upcoming holiday in Devon.
This is a collaborative post.
Michael and I are no strangers to camping — especially the sort of camping where you get drunk all day, rock out to all your favourite bands and roll into your tent all kinds of tipsy before getting up and doing it all again the next day! — but we’ve not been camping with Lily before in our own tent. Back in 2016 when Lily was 1, we went to the same campsite but stayed in my Grandad’s awning so we had full access to a cooker, TV and all the other mod-cons of a caravan. This time, we’re staying in our own tent by ourselves in The Orchard section of the site (away from the caravans) and I’ve been racking my brains to make sure we’ve thought of everything we’re going to need (we’ll have electricity and water points available to us).
Are you an old hand at camping with little ones? Is there anything I’ve missed or have you got any hacks you wouldn’t mind passing on?
- tent (and cleaning wipes to get rid of the festival mud from the floor beforehand!)
- double blow up bed, sheet and 2 pillows
- single blow up bed, sheet and 1 pillow
- double sleeping bag
- single sleeping bag
- extra blankets
- camping light
- 2 x fold-up camping chairs
- Lily’s small rainbow chair
- raincoats x 3
- wellies for Lily
- sunhat for Lily
- sunglasses x 3
- clothes, socks, pyjamas and underwear for all of us
- shampoo, conditioner and body wash for all of us
- deodorants and aftershave/perfume
- sun cream and aftersun
- towels x 3
- flannels x 3
- 2 x body puffs, 1 x kids wash mitt
- potty and toddler wipes
- make-up, hairbrush and hair accessories
- toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouthwash for all of us
- cups, plates, bowls and cutlery
- washing up bowl, sponge and cleaning liquid
- camping stove and gas
- wooden spoon
Food and drink
- tea, coffee and sugar
- porridge oats
- laptop and charger
- camera, charger, 2 x batteries and memory card
- phone chargers x 2
- Lily’s tablet and charger
- 2 x power packs
- Lily’s scooter
- toys and books
Have you got any family holidays planned soon? We’re hoping to take a little break away at the beginning of October, possibly back over to North Wales, and then we’re going away to Claxton Grange Cottages near York in February.
That’s all we’ve got planned for now but we’re hoping to book a family break abroad next year and we’ve been looking at holidays in France, Portugal, Spain and Greece so far. Do you have any recommendations for toddler-friendly holidays?