Hurrah! You’ve just received or announced the best news of your life, you are pregnant and expecting a little bundle of joy sometime soon. Congratulations! So, aside from stocking up on prenatal vitamins and locking up your booze stash for the next 9 months, what else can you do to enjoy your pregnancy?
1. Start a blog focussing on your pregnancy
Think regular bump photo updates, day-to-day diary entries about how you’re feeling, letters to your unborn baby and so on. A beautiful memoir which you can look back on in the years ahead. Who knows, maybe you’ll continue blogging when baby is born too? I wish I had thought of this when I was pregnant with Lily, I’d love to be able to browse through and have a giggle over my wobbly days!
If you don’t fancy blogging, you could pick up this Pregnancy Journal instead, like I did, and write down your special memories this way. There’s space for nursery ideas, the choosing of baby names and scan photos amongst other things.
2. Read ‘What To Expect When You’re Expecting’
As a first-time Mum, this book was my ‘go-to’ guide for any pregnancy-related problems from morning sickness to gestational diabetes and it was a helpful insight as to, funnily enough, what I should expect as the months went by. It’s a very down-to-earth and honest read and contains more or less all of the information you’ll need to arm yourself with for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
3. Pick up a pack of Pregnancy Milestone Cards
Another thing I wish I’d known about when I was expecting Lily! These cute little cards mark important dates in your pregnancy and are great for creating fabulous photo memories. Brilliant for showing off your growing bump, there’s several types available but these (the originals) are my favourite 🙂
4. Celebrate your gorgeous baby bump with some ‘bump art’
Have you seen the beautiful pictures that can be painted on to your bump? (see above) I think this is wonderful and a great way to bond with your baby before they’re born. There’s some fantastic examples over on the BabyCentre website if you’re looking for some inspiration.
5. Grab yourself a ‘BabySteps Scratch-Off Calendar’ by Splash Brands (or win one, see my giveaway at the bottom of this post!)
I’ve only recently come across this calendar and I love it, it’s such a fabulous idea! Basically, you stick this pretty calendar up on your wall and each day, you scratch off the relevant field to reveal facts, tips and trivia about the little life growing inside of you. Wonderful isn’t it? I would of loved this when I was pregnant and I’ll definitely be getting this next time round. Although you can start at any time in the pregnancy, it can be used from as early as 5 weeks and I like to think of it as a ‘pregnancy advent calendar’ and at the end, you’ll get the greatest gift of all 🙂
I remember when I was pregnant telling Michael every time I found out something new. I’d text him at work saying ‘our baby’s grown eyelashes now’ or ‘did you know that you chose the sex of our Baby W? I can’t wait to find out, eeek!’. I can see us now, if we’d of had this, excitedly scratching off the panels each day and gushing over each and every new fact or piece of information.
The calendar is visually quite stunning with sweet pastel colouring and twee little pictures. It is printed on thick, glossy paper and arrives in a hexagonal gift box.
If you can’t wait to see if you’ve won the giveaway below, you can pick up the Baby Steps Scratch Off Calendar on Amazon for just £12.90. A great price for this beautiful pregnancy keepsake!
– It’s worth noting, aside from this, that Splash Brands make some pretty awesome products – I especially like the iPhone hoodies, so cool and cutesy! –
6. Make a time-lapse bump to birth video
You’ve probably come across one of these videos on Facebook or YouTube? They always make me well up!
Here’s one of my favourites:-
– I just watched this again and started crying, I can’t help it haha!-
Have you done any of these before or has this post inspired you to? Let me know, I’d love to follow your baby blogs, watch your videos or see pictures of your bump paintings/updates! Just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me via Facebook or Twitter 🙂
* * * * * * * *
As I mentioned above, Splash Brands have kindly offered one of my readers the chance to win a BabySteps Scratch-Off Calendar of their own. It’s a fabulous prize for any of you who are expecting your own little one or perfect as a gift for pregnant friends or family members. You may even want to keep it for yourself if you’re trying for a baby or will be sometime soon!
To enter this giveaway, please use the Rafflecopter widget below and make sure that you have a quick read of the Ts & Cs.
Terms & Conditions
- The prize offered is 1 x BabySteps Scratch-Off Calendar.
- Entries can only be completed through the Rafflecopter widget displayed above.
- I am currently in possession of the prize and will arrange for this to be sent to the winner upon receipt of their details.
- This competition ends in 2 weeks on 9th September 2015.
- A winner will be chosen at random via the Rafflecopter facility.
- The winner will be announced on my ‘Giveaways’ page within 24 hours of the competition ending and on Hello Beautiful Bear’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- The winner has 2 weeks following announcement to claim their prize and provide their details otherwise a new winner will be picked via the same procedure.
- I am able to offer this prize to UK entrants only I’m afraid (apologies to any of you who live abroad!)
* * * * * * * *
*I was not paid or compensated by Splash Brands for this post or my opinions but I am very pleased that they have offered my readers the chance to win this fantastic keepsake calendar. This post does, however, contain affiliate links via Amazon.co.uk*