This policy is effective from 20th April 2015.
Personal information we may collect from you
We may collect the following type of information when you visit our website:
- Details of the content you read on this site;
- Basic information about your computer, such as which browser you use or which internet service provider you’re with;
- If you’ve not come to us directly, which links you’ve clicked to reach this site, and which links you click on this site.
If you enter a competition or comment on this site, you might be asked us to provide us information including but not limited to:
- Your name;
- Contact information for you — usually your email address;
- Details of your other online accounts, e.g. Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
We may undertake services from external companies to assist us with competitions, website hosting (including blog comments) and subscriptions/mailing lists. These companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver their services. Hello Beautiful Bear takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
What we do with the information we gather
In general, the data we collect is used for:
- Internal record keeping;
- With regards to website traffic analytics, this information is used solely for the purpose of analysing visitor traffic and trends and ensuring that our content is relevant to you and our wider audience;
- The administration of competitions, such as collecting information that allows us to contact winners.
Most web browsers automatically accept ‘cookies’ but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies at any time, if you prefer.
- Your display preference — i.e. contrast colour, settings, or font size;
Also, some videos embedded or links included in our pages may use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you reached them and what pages and videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with an enhanced browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies but by doing this, some of the features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than described.
Accessing and controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by turning off ‘cookies’ in your web browser.
We will not sell, distribute or otherwise share your personal information with any third parties without your express consent, unless we are required by law to do so.
You have a right to access your personal information (if any) subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so or if you believe that any of the information we may be holding is incorrect please do let us know so that we can make the necessary amendments. Please also get in touch if you would like any of your personal information to be deleted.