It’s back to school (or the start of school) this week and for my regular #BostikBloggers feature I’ve put together this simple pencil pot tutorial to jazz up your children’s desk or homework area.
Isn’t it cute? It’s really easy to do as well so perfect for a quick after-tea craft one evening or something to fill some time at the weekend if you’re stuck inside (I can’t believe the weather is changing already, not that we had much of a summer anyway eh?)
You will need the following things to get started:-
- A round cardboard pot (you could make this with card or substitute for a glass jar/plastic tub)
- A sheet of brown felt
- A black sharpie
- A glue pen
- An owl foam shape (you can use a template to cut out your own if needed)
- 2 pom poms
- A pair of scissors
- A small beak cut from glittery card or similar
- 2 stick-on shiny gem dots
- A few artificial leaves
I also used a small cut of fabric to make a spotty tummy for our wee owl friend!
So, what do you do with them?
– Measure the felt around the cardboard pot and cut it down to size using the scissors.
– Use the glue pen to attach the felt to the pot curling it around and securing it tightly.
– Decorate your owl by glueing the components on to the foam as necessary and drawing any additional characteristics with your sharpie pen.
– When dry and ready, glue the owl to the pot and add the leaves to the sides as you wish.
– So there you have it, that’s all there is to it. You can now fill your pot with all of your stray pens and pencils and clean up that messy desk!
I hope you enjoy making your own pencil pots and I’d love to see your creations so please do share any photos in the comments below or to my social media channels.
Is your little one off to school this week?